Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ignorant HATERS..Is that what it means to be American?!

Update on the reactions to the appointment of Dr. J.Y. Kim as the next president of Dartmouth College:

I am FUMING at this mass email from a current Dartmouth student that was forwarded to me:

Yesterday came the announcement that President of the College James Wright will be replaced by Chinaman Kim Jim Yong. And a little bit of me died inside.

It was a complete supplies.

On July 1, yet another hard-working American's job will be taken by an immigrant willing to work in substandard conditions at near-subsistent wage, saving half his money and sending the rest home to his village in the form of traveler's checks. Unless "Jim Yong Kim" means "I love Freedom" in Chinese, I don't want anything to do with him. Dartmouth is America, not Panda Garden Rice Village Restaurant.

Y'all get ready for an Asianification under the guise of diversity under the actual Malaysian-invasion leadership instituted under the guise of diversity. It's a slippery slope we are on. I for one want Democracy and apple pie, not Charlie Chan and the Curse of the Dragon Queen. I know I sure as shit won't ever be eating my Hop dubs bubs with chopsticks. I like to use my own two American hands.


There are no words to describe how much these words hurt and infuriate me. And apparently I was not the only one to be negatively affected by this bigotry. These "apologies" were sent out to the Dartmouth community:

Dear Dartmouth,

The comments I made in this morning's message were inappropriate. They were crap. I wanted us to laugh at racism, but it didn't work. I executed my satire poorly. It was insensitive. I'm sorry. I hope we can all learn from this and move on. Please accept my apology and excuse me while I beat myself with the silver spoons I was fed with all my life.

Sincerely,

White Male '0Priveleged

***************************************************

From the desk of GGMM:

Dear Dartmouth,

We are sorry for failing to edit the humor of our interns more closely. While the introduction was intended to make our audience laugh at the idea of racism in general, the message was clearly misinterpreted by many. We hope in the future that Dartmouth's new president can be the subject of more tasteful mockery as the 16 before him have been.

Sincerely,
GGMM

KILL YOURSELF! THAT IS NOT AN APOLOGY!!! There is no remorse. Is there no shame? I am at SUCH a loss for words. I don't even know where to begin dissecting these messages. If I wasn't more rational, I would haul ass to campus right now and make these people...never mind. I do not need to catch a case right now.

What do you think? Do they have a right to irresponsibly spew idealogical sewage in the form of public emails? Should they at all feel at least some remorse for being complete pricks? What are your thoughts on the "apologies"?

7 comments:

  1. Was that E-mail sent by a Dartmouth Community member? I'm confused as to where it came from. I have to say though, I'm not surprised. While I love Dartmouth with all of my heart and soul, there were many shady and racist things that occurred while we were there and many philosophies which remain. I personally was affected by some of that racism and have seen it done unto others.
    I am glad that we have an Asian president at Dartmouth, though I'd be just as happy with another white one. I know that Dartmouth made the choice based on credentials and not skin color (I'm hoping there's no Obama effect here...that the guy was the best choice).

    I'm infuriated by that message to the community and you KNOW i'd be up in arms somewhere shouting about it. I HATE racism and I cant believe that people in this day and age cant move pass the color of your skin.

    P.S. - I was stuck on the word "supplies" for 5 minutes trying to figure out the meaning. What an asshole...

    ReplyDelete
  2. O yes. It was sent out by a '10, I believe.

    The following apologies were sent by members of this little group that sends out these "Morning Messages"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was all set to make a case about how cavalier it was of them to claim that the intent was to "laugh at racism." Then, I realized that we do that with comedians of every race, everyday. I'm at a loss. I had this very debate a few months ago. There's a line and he sped across it. I am honestly shocked and appalled. Given what has been written here, I would reconsider (sugarcoating), altogether rule out applying to Dartmouth for business school. That only leaves one problem. I went to an undergrad where I wasn't so much subject to racism or bigotry but am aware that it existed on campus but neatly hidden only to emerge on drunken weekend nights or during charged political assemblies. How would I feel if my alma mater's annual applicant numbers began to decline because of said unacceptable acts? I don't know. Who wants to go to a school where its own students admit to bearing the burden of racism? What a mess. I completely agree with the post above from anonymous especially where he/she states: "he's a 'privileged white male' but has little idea of just what that means." Few ever do. There is a silver lining is that the administration chose him; now let's see if the students will accept him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they have a right to spew sewage? Of course! Do they have a right to IRRESPONSIBLY spew sewage? That's where slander and libel come in play, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Anon #2...I think you still should apply to Tuck Business. Because yes, there are shitty things that are said on campus (and this was NOT the first instance within the last couple years) but the REST of campus is all so very eager to jump on injustices and prejudices and rip it to pieces. I believe the response to this email was so incredible that the "apologies" came within 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know...thank you! -Anon #2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. =) best of luck on your search for grad school!

    and Southern, check out his credentials. Pretty impressive. I don't think J. Wright took the search lightly.

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites