Monday, March 2, 2009

*Highlights* - My President is ASIAN!!!

GOTHAM DAYS says:

The dear President Jimmy (Wright, not Carter) of my alma mater announced his plans to retire and has been on the hunt for a successor ever since.


The search has finally ended and it was announced today that the 17th president of Dartmouth College will be Dr. Jim Yong Kim.

THAT'S RIGHT. THE NEW JIMMY IS ASIAN!
First Asian President of an Ivy League Institution! WOOOOOOOOH!

His credentials are no doubt very impressive. I hope that he will be able to do justice to the legacy J.Wright is leaving behind.

Dartmouth College prides itself in the undergrad experience as we are the only Ivy League college. Our grad schools are amazing in their own right but the College is always The College. My hope is that he will be able to preserve that aspect of Dartmouth. Research is great, but we're a people place.

Just the manner of how I got the news is indicative of how connected we all are to the college. An IM from a fellow alum of the college. A blitz from a friend who is still a student at the college. A blitz from the trustees. A blitz from President Wright himself! And of course, a Facebook message from the Asian alumni association (DAPAAA). The network is incredible. The messages were supportive of J.Wright's decision.

This year is one of many incredible changes and advances.

Best of luck, Dr. Kim! And happy retirement, President Wright!

Jimmy. Meet Jimmy.

Rock on.























Also Dartmouth news...

HAPPY 105th BIRTHDAY, DR. SEUSS!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello there! You all seem to have an eclectic and interesting set of posts here. I thank you Musecatto for your kind words on my blog and I think I shall follow yours.

    I'm kind of curious as to how you happened upon my blog actually. All of the other people to comment at me I had found previously and commented at them first. :)

    Anyway, I look forward to reading more from you guys.

    Cheers,
    nanobri of nanobri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites