Thursday, February 19, 2009

Southern Substance Style....

“Have you always been this shy and quiet? I can barely hear you when we talk!”

This is a comment I received from one of my co-workers shortly after starting my job. Usually I wouldn’t note such a thing but, in the interest of you getting to know me, I think it perfectly sums up who I am
not. In fact, my friends and family would die laughing if they read that or heard it.

Who I am:

This is the space in which I attempt to bribe you and force you into liking me in as few words as possible, so I’m going to make it count! I am a 23 year old, Single, African-American female who currently resides in Georgia. I work for a law firm in downtown Atlanta as a File Clerk, a position that basically does everything the Legal Secretaries, Associates, and Partners do not want to do which, on a day-to-day basis, could be anything (not like that though, you perverts).

I am witty, sarcastic, funny (at least I think so), dedicated, and hard-working when getting paid (lazy when not…don’t judge me!). I used to like writing and singing but, since realizing that I’m not very good at either, I have begun to find other interests. I love drawing and painting though I haven’t done either since graduating from college. I think I have a very artistic side which leans more towards the hands-on and visual arts and less-so on the auditory ones (I tried to hit those Mariah Carey notes… it never went very well).

More about me:

The "Good" Me:

By nature, I am a
nurturer. I have always taken in stray animals and nursed them back to health and with humans (lol), I tend to latch on to the weaker of the species. Now this is not saying that I surround myself with weak people at all, but I’m sure that all of my friends and family can attest to the fact that I usually take the side of the less favorable person in an argument and try to lessen the blows towards them. As mischievous (see: BAD) as my little brother always was and as much as he deserved most of the punishments he received, I always stood up for him, often getting myself in trouble and thereby lessening his.

I also think that I am a strong listener. Part of this is because I care about people and want to learn about them and the other part is because I’m
nosey and I love being in the loop….What? Damnit…at least I’m honest! I love to give advice, though I often have trouble listening to others’ advice and advising myself. I’m complicated my dears…

Friends and family are important to me…although I have been slacking on both levels as of late due to my crazy schedule. I hate those long distance update calls! Isn’t it weird that you have more to talk about with someone you see everyday then someone you don’t. You no longer know the same people so you cant gossip about what “so and so” was wearing and who is cheating on who. You’re basically left with… “so how’s school…any new flings? Ok well talk to you later”. I mean…I went to five high schools as a kid and always suffered from “new girl” syndrome (brat here…not the spoiled kind…the military kind) and so making solid friends was hard for me and keeping in touch was that much worse. When I was in elementary and early middle school, the moving didn’t bother me. I would just make new friends and go on. When high school came, I resented not being in the “in” crowd because people didn’t ever get a chance to really know me. Each year I could reinvent myself and be someone new if I wanted… Lunch was usually awkward… I would get invited to sit with some group – the jocks usually as I always played basketball or some sport- and would sit there quietly realizing that I had nothing in common with these people and that our “friendship” was only surface deep. Needless to say, those four years at College where I got to make a steady group of friends was amazing therapy to me and it kills me that we don’t all live near each other (they are pretty much centralized in NY). Don’t get me wrong…I have kept in touch with a few high school friends that I managed to keep, but its nothing like it used to be!

P.S. I have a 10 month old baby brother ..
eep.

Other Tidbits!!!:

* I am open-minded- I don’t care if you’re gay/straight/bi-sexual/pink/purple/yellow. I don’t judge!
* I love to go out – Making the transition from clubs/parties to more adult-like stuff. Will keep you posted!
* Musical Tastes: Eccentric – you would be thoroughly surprised if you looked at my MP3 player. I have every genre except Opera (haven’t found one yet) and Polka (lol…). Some of my favorites are: Kanye West, Colbie Caillat, Amy Winehouse, Jack Johnson, Fall Out Boy, Lil’ Wayne, 50 Cent etc. The list goes on…
* I love going to the movies – P.S. I hate scary movies!!!!
* I love shopping online- only on payday of course!!!
* I love playing online games (Yea …I’m a nerd) but I love playing video games. Such a good way to relax!
* I love love love everything Italian- I even lived there for a bit! Yummm PASTA!

The "Bad" Me (this list will be very short as I am pretty perfect :) ):

*Lazy
*Procrastinator
*Slow to put things into action (Procrastination needed more emphasis...so here you go...)
*Impatient
*Hate to be disagreed with

That's all I can think of :D.


P.S. I am very
WORDY and tend to incorporate STORIES into everything I say and do. I do this to try to relate but often it probably seems I just want to talk about my experiences. I just want you to LOVE MEMEMEMEME.
Anyway...that's enough from me today.

CIAO ~

P.S. this website is hilarious :) icanhascheezburger.com.



3 comments:

  1. LOL...i laughed at the first sentence already

    good to see that the South is alive and well =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some pen portrait, and I thought I was too giving in my 'about me' We are horridly distant - in geography and age, but not in outlook it would seem. Drop in to Dr Awsom and take a look around. Corfu is not Italy - it's not even Greece, but spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS if you want to get thrashed at chess, join me on GameKnot.com. I play as corfubob. Do you know how to program strategy games for playing online? Bob

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites