Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rage across the universe

Let us do the list.

I should have gone to class. much much more. I still have recurrent nightmares about being in a class that I haven't bothered going to in weeks with a final coming up. While that is a common dream for college students, it was a reality for me. I typically stopped going to any class with online course notes that wasn't taught by a very select group of professors.

I should have studied. much much more. I typically would give myself the last 12 hours before a test to learn the material. After a nap and dinner, I'd realize that it was physically impossible to read the material in its entirety and, thusly motivated, study in a frenzy for about 6 hours. So about 30 hours of studying per semester.

I should have gone to the gym much much more. I should have eaten much much less. I went from pretty fit to gross. If I'd established good lifestyle habits I'd be in a much better place now.

I should have played less video games. This is a gray area because when I wasn't playing video games, see below.



Lastly, the granddaddy of them all. I should have drank much much less. My God. THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED. I have PTSD-esque flashbacks where I'm just left with the conclusion 'That... was an exceedingly poor choice.' I passed out in public places, licked necks at frat parties and raged from frat to frat for days at a time as my grades tanked.


Now, these have all been very abstract shoulds. They're not things that I necessarily want to change. Just areas that I acknowledge I could have improved in. So what would I change if I had to choose? I'd go to the gym. The other stuff was hella fun and didn't turn out to be a problem for me ultimately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites