Friday, March 13, 2009

Wordy and NERDY

I am a nerd. Get over it. I am, however, a different breed of nerd per se. Here is my confession: I love love love WORLD OF WARCRAFT. This is an MMORPG (the biggest, in fact) which means massively multiplayer online role-playing game but don’t let “role-play” scare you. Its not like that…you don’t have to act as you think a troll would act or anything (there are servers set up for people that choose that) you can just be yourself and play the game in any fashion you want. Now, I don’t fit the bill of a typical gamer: skinny, never sees sunlight, socially awkward, uses l337 speak, or anything like that. In fact, looking at me, you would never know I even play these games. I was introduced to WoW when one of the fellow bloggers (he/she may claim this if they feel so inclined) began skipping parties with us to play the game. We always made fun of them wondering how a person could forgo fun and face-to-face social interaction to talk to little digital people using headphones with a mic attached. Then I went home to Georgia for a visit and BAM! Not only were my brothers playing the game, my mother was as well. So I tried it and…. Yea…never looked back since.

Now to be honest, if you play this game, you will get addicted. I’m not joking- there’s something for everyone in there. There are battlegrounds where you can go smash people’s faces in by the dozen or arenas where you can fight 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 in coordinated team efforts. There are chat rooms where you can interact with people; I’ve met some interesting people this way- people that I would probably hang out with in person if they didn’t live all the way in Australia or something like that. There are also different styles of play for everyone- Tanks, Healers, and DPS (damage per second or damage dealing) classes are abundant. There are two factions: Horde and Alliance and ten races. You can play as a Human but they are on the Alliance side which sucks 90% of the time! Anyway- besides all of that, there is still more you can do in this game: raid cities, raid bosses and get better gear, sell your professions (there are many of these) to people, and gather materials and sell those. Basically, all of the bases are covered…I love this game so much and if you haven’t tried it…do it. Wait until after school though as many people I know regularly skip class to play (LOL).
www.worldofwarcraft.com. Go check it out.

-----------------------------

My other social outlet right now is going out and having fun. Though I’m beginning to tire of the club scene, my friends and I are interested in branching out. Tonight we will be headed to the legendary Uptown Comedy club to see a guy I used to watch on tv a lot: Rob Stapleton. It should be amazing as I have always laughed at his jokes. This is kind of more like my style of things to do rather than being molested in some shady club with stripper poles. Afterwards we are headed to a nighclub, CosmoLava, but it has different styles of music and a different crowd than we are used to. I love to dance to hip hop and reggae when I go out but my music tastes have changed drastically and I will jam to anything these days. The crowd at the club will be slightly older and, hopefully, more mature and not all about getting into each others pants (at least until they leave the club!). The ACC basketball tourney is also in town so maybe I'll bag me a tall one! *Crosses Fingers* I’ll keep you updated on how these little searches for new and improved things to do goes. I’m almost 24…I’m too old to be getting groped by 18 year olds! Any suggestions are welcomed too- particularly if you live in/know Atlanta!

5 comments:

  1. Tell them to transfer over. I decided I want to do Ulduar now :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i have to say i too am a wow addict NE hunter Ironrayne Altar of storms pro dps.Even tho alliance does have some suck people we dont have to deal with playing a very ugly toon like the horde.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL W3B. Who wants to be on the losing team forever though!? Troll hunter (80 though I suck at her now), undead priest(80-my main!) and working on an Troll shaman all on Dragonmaw. :P.

    You guys may look slightly better- ew @ NE males and draenei period- but come on, our dances are cooler.

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites