Friday, March 13, 2009

College Grads and Creeps...BE MY STRENGTH!!!

Someone PLEASE tell me you know what I'm referencing in the title...
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice




YouTube is a great way to connect with people of my own age, the younger kids, the older folks. It's a common source of entertainment...and the news. hahah Videos are flying about constantly. But, YouTube is only one thing that fills up my time.

I stay connected with people who aren't closeby through (of course) Facebook and chatting (because emailing just isn't enough). I spend HOURS being utterly unproductive on FB and IMing. It seems I can't get enough of the computer.

Don't get me wrong, I still have real face time with people. WEBCAM!!! Just kidding. I hang out with my high school friends as often as I can. Sometimes it's having lunch or one of them comes over in the evening to get some work done. Like college kids, we still need to feel a good vibe get ANY work done. (Or the pressure of a deadline...But we try not to dwell on that point.) Usually, it's some quirky thing or other to check out after work and then grabbing dinner at a place we research (it's our thing). Or like two weeks ago, we just wandered the Lower East Side for a place to eat. HAHAHA...I think we looped the area 4 or 5 times.

I've made some good friends through my high school friends and college friends. Going to birthday parties or getting together for a potluck (ugh...we're starting to get that old) are great ways to meet new people or reconnect with people that we didn't have a chance to get to know well.

And then there's the clubbing. I don't go often at all but it's always a very interesting time when my friends and I go out. I'm not going to go into details but we always have a few laughs about it afterwards. LOL!!! But on the real, there are some real characters out there. Real CREEPY people. And jerks. Plenty of those out there, too. So, if you didn't know that already... WATCH OUT
...they can be lurking around the corners, waiting to pounce on a bathroom line, oggling you from the bar, sitting in the candlelight at the next table, wiggling eyebrows while wiping vomit from the corners of their lips, holding the door open for you at a basement lounge, convulsing about on the dance floor on the other side of your wingperson...everywhere!

I also like reading. I'm in the middle of a second go at the Twilight Saga but I have a book lined up after I'm finished with the series. I LOVE watching movies. LOVE it. I try to find some stuff online (not THOSE movies, you perv) because it's so expensive going to the movie theatre now and I hate doing stuff like that alone. Tried it once. Confirmed my disdain. It's not always easy finding someone who wants to go to the same movies and pay $12 for it. TWELVE BUCKS!!! Insane.

So, if you know any great books, movies, restaurants, etc., let me know!!!



2 comments:

  1. http://www.watch-movies-links.net/

    I've watched countless films on this site. You usually have to watch movies in parts, but the great thing about it is people who have already tried the movie give a rating on the film itself and the quality of the image. Plus, it's streaming from the internet (prepare for sometimes long wait times. I usually let the entire piece load while I do something by pausing the video), so no downloads to your hard drive. Everyone I've recommended this sight to has been impressed by the quality and has watched movie after movie from this source. And they always have films currently being viewed at the theater!

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites