Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Paula Abdul Leaves American Idol


American Idol fans will have to live without one of the famous three judges who made the show the success it is today - Paula Abdul.  After 8 seasons on the show, Paula has opted not to return for the 9th installment.

Taking the news into her own hands, Paula chose to release the shocker over twitter to her over 800,000 followers.  Word quickly spread and "Paula Abdul" was suddenly a top trending topic on the social networking site.

Here is the entire twitter statement from Paula:

“With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to #IDOL. I’ll be miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1 become an international phenomenon …

What I want to say most is how much I appreciate the undying support and enoormous love that you have showered upon me. It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month. I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all.”


Will the show be the same?  Will fans still watch?  How long before the show gets the boot?

You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites