Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back in my day...

Crap.

So my oldest little cousin's 16th birthday is coming up. I have NO idea what to do for her or what she wants. So I ended up asking one of the TAs at work who is also 16. "So what do 16 year olds like these days?" DAMNIT I can't believe I had to ask that.


So what DO 16 year olds like? I mean, she's not old enough to enjoy the dranky dranks or the smokey smokes with me. She's too old to go on a Claire's shopping spree with her little sisters. I'm not ballin enough [read at all] to treat her to a day at the spa (mostly because the other girls and women would want to do it too). I don't like or know her friends to take then ALL out. SIIIGH what to do..what to do? BBQ at the beach? I dunno, I dunno. WHAT DO 16 YEAR OLDS LIKE?!?!

Damn. I'm gettin old. So, tell me, young people. What's hot? What's good? What's poppin'?

My special treat for my own 16th birthday was having MORE family out and taking up TWO tables at our usual Chinese restaurant. That's it. Good food. But it wasn't a big party or anything like some of my friends had (one. I was invited to one sweet 16.). Birthdays have generally been a family thing.

This year though, I hit the big two dozen. So I went a little wilder with one of my best friends who is also a July baby. We went to a drag show dinner with close friends and partied it up at lounges and clubs. I had my tiny tiara and sexy heels. I got a big dick pearl necklace balloon man. It was glorious.

The big quarter century party will be a big one, too, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites