Friday, May 29, 2009

What's Your Addiction? Is it Money? Is it Girls? Is it Weed?






Monday, April 26, 2004

I saw this poster that said "87% of students don't feel the need to drink in order to be socially accepted" and that's SO TRUE HERE. Most of us drink because we're fucking alcoholics.
Interestingly, I have the most amazing instinct when it comes to preserving alcohol. I could fall down a flight of stairs with an open bottle and not spill a drop.



Friday, May 28, 2004
I've decided to stop drinking since it's a bad habit to cultivate, and might also be loosely related to my recent loss of enthusiasm.

Monday, June 14, 2004
A note on alcohol. There is no drinking age. Bacardi can be acquired for 80 yuan. That's like 10 bucks. They sell like 5 gallon jugs of vodka for like 40 yuan. Thankfully I've sworn off alcohol or I would spend all my time here drinking.

Sunday, August 08, 2004
Yesterday, I ran into the culprits from my previous trip to XXXXXX. That night, like three weeks ago, we went bar hopping and did like 15 shots each. I remember that. I was fine! My tolerance is monstrous. Then we went to Club Look. I remember that. My last ememory is of dancing with XXXXX on the dance floor. She handed me some water, I took a gulp, then stepped off the dance floor to rest. aaaand thats where my memory stops. Apparently, what happenned next is I joined my friends at the bar, where they'd met some interesting people. Those people had bought a bottle of whiskey and offerred it to us. Apparently I drank some of that. My next memory is of waking up at the bar. and then lots of subsequent regurgitation. So there is the story of my first and only black out. And I'll never drink to anywhere near the point of drunkeness again.

Monday, August 30, 2004 10:38:40 AM
I have not mentioned, at all, our night of Xi’an debauchery. It was me, XXXXXX, XXXXXX with her sexy self, and XXXXXX. We wanted to go clubbing. We did. Three clubs. All kinda pricey alcohol. Very few people dancing. So XXXXXX and I came to the conclusion that we needed to be drunk. And so our adventure began. We ended up going to some random street stall, buying their cheapest baijiu and some Sprite for a chaser and then going into an alleyway in Xi-an and drinking the vilest alcohol we’ve ever had. Toasted and nauseous, we then made our way to the BMW bar. There, I had the most powerful White Russian ever made. Then we went clubbing again. It was pretty outrageous.

Monday, August 30, 2004 1:45:28 AM
After swearing that I’d never do it again, I’ve just, under the influence of XXXXXX, had the Devil’s Drink.

Sunday, September 12, 2004 11:48:16 PM
I never did a Devil’s Drink true aftermath report. I lay in bed just now and was stunned by the power of that drink. XXXXXX had one and was just chill for the rest of the night. For this, she is a goddess. XXXXXX drank heavily beforehand then, halfway through his first, became violently sick and couldn’t stop throwing up for the entire night. Thus he left without drinking the entire thing. He was lucky. Upon his first sip, XXXXXX threw up. In an empty beer jug. Then finished his drink. XXXXXX almost killed himself that night. He ran through a building site sure that he was being chased and almost jumped off of the top to escape his pursuers. XXXXXX drank heavily then had two Devils. XXXXXX hasn’t been able to learn characters since and is sure that that drink permanently altered his brain chemistry. He also really pissed off XXXXXX. He and XXXXXX ended the night chasing each other around XXXXXX campus and climbing flagpoles. I drank heavily then had two Devils. REDACTED. Oh. XXXXXX and I, in retrospect, realize that we could realistically have died from alcohol poisoning that night.

I have an addictive personality. I took up smoking for a few months at the age of 20 because it seemed like an unbearably cool thing to do. So let's go down the line of my addictions.

Food - we've already documented that I will at no point deny myself anything.

Liquor - I keep a constant 2 bottles on hand and that has at time fluctuated all of the way up to 5 bottles. My friends can confirm that I kept a fridge stocked with vodka, kahlua, Bailey's and MadDog during college. Morning, afternoon or night, I feel that not drinking because it's breakfast is specious logic. Have a 1 hour break during work? Get lightly sauced. It really breaks up the day. As far as I'm concerned, functional alcoholism isn't really alcoholism at all.

However, none of those things are really addictions since I can quit whenever I want.

5 comments:

  1. I should have made a blog during college- especially reflecting on nights of drinking. I'd be toasted but as soon as someone puked/pissed on themselves...bam! Back in action to help them back to their dorm.
    ----------------------------------
    Also I thought my nightly ritual during GreenKey/Finals/Homecoming/Any 3 or more day weekend was pretty fucking amazing...Now...I look back ashamed. I would prep my room before heading out...gallon of water precariously balanced on a trashcan next to my bed in my desk chair. Come home from party...chug half the gallon...sleep for three hours...wake...puke...chug last half gallon. Voila! No Hangover. Now...*shame*

    Admittedly I have been drunk twice since June of 2007- Cold turkey without the chills and nightsweats. I think those are indicative of an addiction- so I'll venture to say I didnt have one to alcohol lol. There was never me in my room dropping two ice cubes into a mug of vodka and drinking that to go to sleep. Only Socially (though it was definitely binge drinking as my parents feared lmao). I will be engaging in Montreal-style drinking in Vegas in 27 days. Pray that I dont black out by 10 p.m. (did I make it to 10? Don't remember anything...) and can actually have pictures and memories to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't mention the absinthe btw (or was it hinted at). Also explain the hand incident! Our readers want a funny GuyIncog story ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Devil's Drink contained absinthe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. then you lied to me!!! you said u skipped the absinthe party!!!

    i hate you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did! The absinthe party and the Devil's Drink were separate. The Devil's Drink was a cocktail with 18 kinds of liquor including absinthe. What made it interesting was that all 18 were hard liquor. No liquers/mixers/Bailey's. And since it was served by the pint, it put you down for the count quick and hard. Like each time you took a sip reality would twitch.

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites