Friday, May 29, 2009

A-D-D-I-C-T-I-O-N





Addiction [uh-dik-shuhn]: the desire to do/have/make/be something so much so that you will ignore other facets of your life to fulfill this urge, often causing yourself or those around you harm of some sort.


That’s my 9 am on a Friday definition anyway. Lol. How sad (or great) is it that I can’t think of anything I’m actually addicted to based on that definition? I play World of Warcraft pretty religiously…at least an hour (but usually 2 or 3) a day…but unlike most of the gamers that play… I can be enticed to leave the computer to go out clubbing, to dinner with friends, etc etc. There have been people who have DIED or have NEGLECTED their families for this and similar games. I’ll NEVER get to that level- that’s really sad. That’s sickening. That's ADDICTION.
--------------------------------------------
I guess that definition is a little strong but it's mine. If I were to use the more commonplace definition…then I’d be addicted to sweets and the internet…but really…who isn’t “addicted” to some type of food and some form of technology? You can’t help but to be in this day and age. I can remember back before fast internet…when my family had dial up and AOL…ew. I never would log on – I didn’t have the patience for it to load. There were five kids all wanting to use either of the two computers…we each got an hour a day. What’s the point? As soon as you get on…your time is practically up. I would have rather gone outside and played. Too bad I didn’t stick with that because now…I log on the net for hours and surf pages and play WoW. I watch movies online, listen to music/watch music videos, do research, study for LSAT, EVERYTHING. I even surf random/funny websites (and the RGC of course!) at work sometimes (which is BAD!!!)…I need to stop that.

And sweets?? Mmm…I have always loved candy and baked goods. I have chased the ice cream man many a time…As a matter of fact…I got a nutty buddy yesterday!! LOL *Shame*. I pretended I had a kid back at home though so I think the kids were a little more patient (and yes I cut in line!) lol. My favorite thing is
CHOCOLATE. Yum! Fudge, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate....*Wipes Chin*...YUM!!! As much as I love chocolate...I'm open to anything with an inkling of sugar. There's very few sweets that I don't like!

-------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Get off that computer and DO SOMETHING THIS WEEKEND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites