Friday, May 15, 2009

Traveling

OoO Pretty

Oh the places I'd go...



So… in continuation of our collaborative posts from a few weeks back where we talked about our travels...we were asked to discuss where we would go in the world if we could go anywhere no matter cost or anything like that. I went to Rome, Italy on my Language Study Abroad program, which is probably a lot of people’s top destination buuut…since I’ve been there…that doesn’t count.

So where would I, Southern Substance go? I’m not going to be all cliché and say Oo…I’d go to the Motherland (Mother Africa) and see my people blah blah blah. To be very blunt (and possibly semi-ignorant) I want very little to do with Africa. Not interested in seeing the motherland or “my people” at all for many reasons. One- since I can’t pinpoint where my family exactly came from due to slavery…I’m not going to claim a whole continent. My home is the USA…yea that realization sucks…but that’s the way it is. Again…not claiming a continent. Two- I just have no desire to be there at all. I’m not an outdoorsy person, I hate hot weather, I hate bugs and dirt. I’ve been spoiled by my life here – I want AC everywhere I go, clean water (or the ability to get to clean water asap), working plumbing, etc etc. Yes…I know that African countries have all of this but shit…looking at pictures of places my friends went and considered beautiful…no. Beautiful people…but not interested.

Where does that leave me? I really did enjoy Italy and am kicking myself because I didn’t travel around Europe while there. I’d probably go to Spain next. Hot guys, good music, good festivities and food, beautiful country. From pictures that I’ve seen it is a very colorful place (ding my artistic side is happy) and very lively (ding my party side is happy). I wouldn’t go during the running of the bulls though, because I hate animal abuse, and clearly I wouldn’t go and see a bullfight. Other than that- sign me up for anything! That Tomatina Tomato Fight, Carnival, and Flamenco shows- sign me up! I would of course do some research before going and maybe learn a little essential Spanish but yea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites