Friday, May 15, 2009

Brazil, My Exotic Fantasy!

Don't ask me why, but ever since middle school Brazil has been my Dream Vacation Spot.

OH BRAZIL!
The People, The Geography, The Music, The Food! I've been given the impression that everything about Brazil is simply beautiful!  *dreamy sigh*

I'm aware that every nation has its challenges, but forget about that. When I visit I'm just going to be a tourist, and I can't imagine a better location to lose ALL my inhibitions and just go crazy, haha. I'm laughing just thinking about how much fun I'd have...

When I travel I like to take full advantage of unique opportunities offered by that country. I seek an emersion-esque experience. I don't know a great deal about Brazil, but I'd love to beach crawl, dance in the ScorchinHOT afro-latino-portuguese outdoor & indoor clubs, stay up late listening to street drummers, "give a go" at some of the local martial arts, and of course take a CAUTIOUS trip into the rain forest.

Man, now I'm looking around at my albeit beautiful town and suddenly yearning for a tropical sensation. I want to feel the sun and warm rain fall lightly on my skin. I want to drink some exotic beverages and eat "strange" local cuisine. I want to be surrounded by lush vegetation and smiling foreign, yet familiar, faces.

Yeah, I think I'm being hit by the travel bug as I type. Too bad La Moneda has NOT hit my wallet recently, haha.

Oh well, I'll just shake my head for now and go back to living my everyday life. Presently, I'm just trying to fulfill my career dreams, and when I do, I suspect a trip, or frequent trips, to Brazil will definitely be in order.

I'm going out on a limb and stating, "Brazil, 2012! I'll be there!" Feel free to invite yourself, :-) .  You may have a hard time keeping up with me, though, haha. 

Be well,


3 comments:

  1. I wanted to take Portuguese and do the FSP to Brazil buuut Dartmouth's Portuguese program was shady at best. I think there was a Portuguese I taught every other year and I would have had to go on the trip my senior year bleh.

    One of my friends (I guess I should leave her name out but some of the group knew her) did a study program in Bahia so I got some advice from her. She said it was gorgeous and HOT (which I wouldn't have liked) the only draw-back was the time she saw a murder... Apparently, as she was taking a day trip, some guy was being beaten in the road and no one was helping him or stopping his aggressors. On the way back several hours later, he was still laying there, presumably dead as he was bleeding and hadn't moved an inch. That kind of freaked me out but it's a given once you leave the touristy areas.

    Hell...in Rome I saw some people get pulled out of a car and beaten/abused with glass bottles and fists after they ran down this old man in their car (yea... I kind of agree) and tried to drive off. I was the only person who called the cops/ambulance (which was an experience in itself) and the only one who seemed worried about the old man AND the fate of those being abused. Street justice prevails in most parts of the world...just not here lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, that's an interesting point. Yeah, I've heard about Brazilian crime and violence, but I'll be sure to avoid those shady situations/environments as best I can.

    Brazil 2012?? Anyone with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will still be in law school - depends on a lot.
    - Whether or not I got a full scholarship and thus dont have bills to pay with measly part-time work money
    - Whether or not I have an upcoming summer internship at some amazing firm (if I'm not graduating this year)
    - Whether or not I have an amazing career offer at some amazing firm and their start date lol

    Barring everything is in order- ...depends on where and when you go! I don't imagine July in the Rain Forest as an ideal time to go lol (i.e. "moist" doesnt begin to describe you!). And it cant be like my lil trip to NY either (I'm still mad at all of you) showing up late as all hell etc etc lol

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites