Monday, May 18, 2009

I Know ... The Secret

Have you heard about... "The Secret?"

A new found friend has given me a 10-track self-help CD called "The Secret" that supposedly changed his life and could work wonders in mine. Now that I've listened to the first 5 tracks, I'll admit that "The Secret" is...interesting and perhaps miraculous. I think I just need to open up a bit more to the concept and shed my natural cynicism regarding all things self-help.

So what is "The Secret?" In essence, it's the universal Law of Attraction:
Your life is a reflection of your thoughts. Your thoughts have universal frequencies that act almost like magnets. The universe obeys your thoughts unconditionally and sends back to you life experiences and objects that are in tune with each particular frequency. In order to manifest more positive things in life, we must focus on having more positive thoughts.
This means, rather than thinking "Please don't let me fail this final," meditate on "Please let me do well on this final." Apparently the universe polarizes negative and positive frequencies and only hears and responds to the "Fail" or "Do well" portion of your thought -
the core.  So monitor your thoughts! 

Clearly, I'm not 100% a believer in this philosophy just yet, but I have 2 more hours of audio recordings to listen to before I'm done with "The Secret."

It helps that I really admire the friend who introduced me to "The Secret."  He's 10 years older than me, seemingly wise, and we are very similar in character and passions.  I can tell he became a fan only after personally testing it out and seeing results.

Have you heard of "The Secret" before? Are you or someone you know a practitioner?

If you'd like a copy of "The Secret," just contact our blog by email.

Be Well,

3 comments:

  1. positive thinking is always nice...

    but i wonder if it'll triumph over realism

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I think that's the only thing that ever does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. staying positive is great...but i think sometimes, it's ok to admit defeat and then learn from it...be realistic

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites