Sunday, May 3, 2009

*Highlights* - In the Heights

MUSECATTO says:

OUTSTANDING!  "In The Heights," the Broadway musical and 2008 Tony Award Winner, is simply OUTSTANDING! I've "only" seen maybe 10 Broadway productions, but In The Heights is in a league of its own - possibly my favorite or 2nd favorite, behind AIDA.  By no means is this musical cliché! 

In The Heights is the story of 4 Latino young adults growing up in Washington Heights, NY.  They are confronted with family issues, neighborhood pressure, economic hardship, and strained love.  

In the Heights incorporates gut wrenchingly intricate, eye-popping dance routines and musical numbers throughout the entire show that alone have the power to make you cry.  Combine that with the excellent writing, plot, and 1st class acting and In the Heights is an experience you will always remember and WANT to repeat.  I left the theater, just as I did with AIDA, thinking in the back of my mind, "I would love to see that again."  

Do yourself a favor & check out this truly remarkable musical! Audiences leave the theater every night having gone through the complete emotional spectrum.  You desperately need to share in the INTENSE, NOVEL, and almost INDESCRIBABLE RUSH that is IN THE HEIGHTS!

5 CAPS without question (full stop).




1 comment:

  1. I'm dyinggggggg to see this! My friend has seen it like 6 times.

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites