Friday, May 8, 2009

Brace Yourselves...


THIS is the face of VANITY!!! --->

Yes, I am almost old and I JUST got braces (sans headgear). WHY? Because my smile was just a SMIDGE off and making me very conscious of the symmetry of my kissy kissy lips. Despite my minimal time in front of the mirror, I noticed it.

WOW...VAIN!

But I've always been aware of the placement of my teeth...Now it's actually annoying me. After I got the braces in my mouth, everyone was like "Wait. But why? Was there something wrong?"

F me.
No one even noticed.


IMAGE MATTERS!!! Even if no one notices...because someone MIGHT some day at some moment...and then DWELL on it...and tell their friends...and then you will be THAT girl...:::hyperventilate:::

As Carly Simon once sang "You're so vain I'll bet you think this song is about you..Don't you? DON'T YOU?!?!?" Yes. Yes I do. When songs go on and on about what a perfect girl looks like or bags on what imperfect girls look like, it makes me sad. Even without rushing to the mirror I already know what's wrong with me. And then in the off chance I catch myself in the mirror, it's very depressing and discouraging. I really ought to motivate myself to work towards what I want to look like but it's hard when I think I'm stuck like this forever. Or no, I'll just look worse with age. Little comments from my family are also very de-motivational.

Ahh...I may not look like the girl who cares about her looks. I'm always in sweats and sneakers when I can help it. Kinda just AM most days. BUT I CARE. I dress the way I do because it just seems so futile for me to look like the way I wish I looked.

I'm short and fat. There's not much I can do with that. I can at least fix my face. I don't really like the idea of plastic surgery and I don't really think my face needs it. But I just want that little bit fixed. Very simple. I just need my midline to be in the middle. Just move some teeth over and I'm straight. Except this little thing will cost me about 6 grand. And this is AFTER the more expensive Invisalign was no longer an option for what I needed to get done AND I have no overcrowding so I don't even need anything extracted. SIX GRAND!!! And after that, I will have lost only a little bit of weight (those things HURT).

It is indeed very vain of me. Why didn't I do this when it was okay for me to look completely awk with braces (aka as a teenager)? Because
my insurance then (and now) doesn't cover orthodonist/cosmetic treatments and I didn't have the money for it.

Man...How am I gonna get a man now with metal chompers?
Saying a man is yummy now just seems wrong. (Yes. I'm back to that. I crave affection.)

One year...One year and this torture over...

3 comments:

  1. I miss my braces (is that weird?). I felt cute with them on (except when I got them tightened). If it's any consolation- I lost weight with them lol. On the weeks where I had them tightened, I only ate yogurt for like 3 days *avoid ICE CREAM lol* however I also played basketball back then but still.

    I think we just need to FORCE ourselves to be active. Neither of us is anywhere near obese and a slight change in my eating habits helped me lose weight. I've been wearing 2lb weights around my ankles during the day and that's helped tone my legs a bit. I bought one of those exercise balls and while watching tv I just lay on it and do leg lifts etc. Just tiny changes... though I'm eating Dairy Queen right now lol (no blizzard! Just chicken! NOM NOM)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! well i've cut down a lot even after they stopped hurting...and mine hurt for a WEEK and then i can't really chew much b/c my bite is weird now

    lol

    yes...damn...why do you have to live so far away! we can motivate each other

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are black men everywhere here...you know you're tempted...THUGS too. And your mom cant keep tabs on you because she wouldnt come...

    think of the menzzzz

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites