Sunday, June 14, 2009

*Highlights* Hot New Songs




Been avoiding the hype surrounding some artists lately (though I do like Lady Gaga!)...and I've been missing out a bit... I have to say…I love love love Keri Hilson’s and Ciara’s new albums!!!!! Wow…just wow. In terms of Keri’s In a Perfect World album…I already liked “Turnin Me On” but just for dancing- not for substance or anything like that- which is why I didn’t go ahead and get the album. Then when she came out with “Knock You Down” I took notice and downloaded (via Zune Pass- I’m legal! Lol). This girl can sing…
My two favorite songs are Make Love and Slow Dance...but they are among many other great songs. I included snippets of those two below :



Give em a chance…you’ll be surprised how much you like them!

As for Ciara...this chick has been around the game (and popular) for a while with hits like 1,2 Step, Promise, and Like a Boy but has been getting a lot of flack with her new album Fantasy Ride due to her branching out and seemingly abandoning her “Crunk ‘n B” roots. I appreciated that deviation…and decided to give her a chance. Once she finally came out with Love, Sex and Magic, I was like…Ok…this could go somewhere and got the album. I will be honest…some of the songs sound haphazard and took several listens before I “got” them [listen more than once!] but they started to grow on me. Two of my faves are Like a Surgeon and I Don’t Remember of which I have included snippets as well.








rank4

5/5 Zune prepped for the summer!

1 comment:

  1. i been lovin Slow Dance! although u know me...I'm in love with a remix...lol look it up Slow Dance remix with Dominic (iunno who that is but that's what my ipod says)

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites