Wednesday, June 17, 2009

(Tom)Boy that likes Boys

Where's my femininity gene?

Someone shock that shit into action. I mean...I’m not like masculine or anything like that…I’m just not as…soft as most women. I’ve always been the rough and tumble tomboy rebelling against a lot of girly things (though I did have Barbies and dolls). I played all kinds of sports, ran with a group of guys, played video games…all that “boyish” stuff.

Now that I’m 24 though, I kind of need to get in touch with my feminine side a little more. She’s in there… she’s just been semi-suppressed…only let out in snippets. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not dressing like a dude or anything like that. It’s just that…I don’t buy into a lot of the womany stuff…like babies. Ugh. Though I want children…I feel like I’d probably be a horrible mother and am not rushing towards it.

I realized this the other day when a very motherly coworker sent over a clip that she called the “cutest clip ever”. It is below…



Her and everyone else on the list was like OOOO SO CUTE! OO that baby’s so smart!!! Awww! All I could think was… will that damn baby shut the hell up! I couldn’t imagine being in that car!! But apparently that’s supposed to be cute. So I confided in a coworker like um..what’s wrong with that baby? I could NOT deal with that and she’s like…Yea…don’t have kids…and remind me never to ask you to baby sit. I think I offended her sensitivities… I’m sorry…that’s just not cute to me.

Or when a coworker showed me a letter her daughter had written to her. Isn't that the cutest thing? she asked. I sat there staring at the word “Momy” (the very first word) and just could not get past that. I smiled and said so precious while handing it back (not having had read any of it). All I could think was…would I have misspelled that word at 7 years old? What’s wrong with our education system?...

The weird part is…I will get all gushy at an animal. That’s where that side comes out! WTF!




Come on…isn’t that the cutest thing!

I guess maybe I’m just detached from other peoples’ babies…and maybe the instincts will come when I have my own.

Here’s to keeping the TOTA tight and baby free!


7 comments:

  1. that first baby vid is funnier than it was cute

    AAAAAAAAAHAHHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i could think about the first baby video was if she'll grow up to talk the same way... and that dad's reaction was funny.

    but i am glad to know that i am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I showed it to my mother...and she's like THAT'S YOU! I used to run through the house to get away from you because you would NOT shut up!

    :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOL @ SS's MOM...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH GOD THAT BABY IS ANNOYING!!
    Here's my weird thing: as a kid, I was such a tomboy! I even dressed like a boy and never wanted to do anything girly BUT I wanted 8 children. I loved babies and being around kids. At 25, I am such a girly girl...hair, nails, purses, heels, make up...I even sit on the toilet and release nothing short of glitter, roses and butterflies BUT I do NOT want children. I can't stand being in the presence of children.
    I do, however, LOVE animals! That baby wolf video was so adorable...kinda wanted it to bite the dudes nose off though.

    LMAO@ momy! I agree

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!LMFAO!!!

    esp. @ "Momy." hahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites