Friday, April 17, 2009

China Pt. 2 - "Poop on the Street"

At the suggestion of Southern Substance, I'm posting another entry from my Chinese study abroad journal. Setting: Shanghai, China. This time it was early morning, and I'd just walked two blocks from my apartment on my way to my Kung Fu lesson! Suddenly...

Shanghai might be a really modern and beautiful city, but I don't ever remember seeing a huge pile of human feces on a Beijing Sidewalk ...  The emotions I experienced in this instance:

...............................

*Was going to post something deep earlier today about how all people/s are the same (from observations I've made and such), but I don't feel like struggling with English right now, haha You have no idea how hard it's become for me to express my ideas clearly and succinctly.

Ah well

Okay, now I'm getting sad, lol. If only I could turn back the hands of time. Even after the China experience ended, life was so great. I had junior summer on campus with friends and a remarkably eventful senior year. I guess life is really how Anna Nalick wrote in that song a few years back, "Breathe (2am)."

"Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable and life's like an hourglass glued to the table. No one can find the rewind button girl, so cradle your head in your hands.
And breathe...just breathe"

Once again, Be well!

3 comments:

  1. P.S. My mom told me that a similar thing happened in Japan in the early 80's. Well..not TOO similar.

    My mom and several friends are driving around Okinawa and stopped in front of an unfamiliar area of town to get directions. The girl in the front opens her door and steps out and a few seconds later, everyone hears a horrible scream. Turns out that someone had removed one of the covers to the poop hole thing and so the girl fell right in it when she stepped out into a massive pile of festering feces.

    The question then was...how do they get her to a hopsital- the owner of the car did not want her to get back in the car (obviously) and everyone else was at a loss of what to do while the girl screamed KILL ME (lol my favorite part because that's what I'd be saying). In the end they wrapped her in several hundred trash bags and took her to the hospital lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOL...Asia is interesting lol. I love it

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites