Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vegas Baby!

Well...

Back from Vegas and I have no idea where to begin! I had such a good time its not even funny!! I drank every night, partied, gambled...it was crazy. Jet lag is killing me now though...


Warning- this will probably be a little long and very haphazard as I have so much to say and so little time to do it (gotta catch up at work...). I'll make a more organized post on the fun stuff (clubbing/sexing/drama) later!

In preparation for my trip...I did some research. Looked up clubs that played my kind of music, looked up ideas on how much money to take, what to wear...everything. Most of those guides were slightly off though, so here's mine (pics included).

Initial Prep:

Dont believe the hype- several websites told me that $500 bucks would be enough for Vegas. I didn't plan on gambling, so that took away a big chunk of necessary cash. My hotel had a pretty cheap buffet and a McDonalds right downstairs, so that also helped. I was on a $100 dollar a day budget. I didnt need clothes nor do I ever buy souveniers! So you figure $50 to get in the club and buy two drinks, $50 to eat for the day. Sounds ok? Well...no. I mean I wasnt stupid, I brought $1000.00 instead but...uh...the hotel actually took a $400.00 deposit and I did indeed end up gambling Next time Im bringing $1400.00 for spending and $1000.00 for gambling. You live and learn.

FOOD/Drink

OMG! Vegas has some of the most amazing food available. Wolfgang Puck has like 5 restaurants (I was too poor to eat at any of them...maybe next time) and I saw at least one of Bobby Flays restaurants. The buffets though; amazing! The first day we got really drunk and headed over to the Rio hotel to hit up their world famous Carnival World buffet. DELICIOUS! Its $17 for lunch and $24 for dinner but you can stay and eat as long as you want. We went around lunch with the intent of staying through dinner. They had EVERYTHING. Its as long as a football field and has 10+ cuisines from around the world. Good eating!


Rio's Carnival World Buffet!

My hotel (Harrah's) also had a pretty good buffet- Flavors. They had a nice mix of cuisine for a decent price (15 bucks I think). They also had this early morning special (1 a.m. to 6 a.m.) for Steak and eggs for 5.99! We did that every day after clubbing. In fact...most places had a cheap steak and egg or steak and shrimp/lobster deal going on daily! Be aware of that!

Also try the Paradise Buffet in Old Las Vegas. It was about $16.00 but sooooo good. Crab legs, shrimp, roast beef (so good!) and steaks cooked on a grill in front of you the way you like! Huge array of desserts as well as tons of meat and vegetables! Great place!

In terms of drinking...yea...there are several ways to beat the system here. One: find a liquor store (do NOT purchase in or near your hotel, they will rip you off). Get a bottle of cheap shit and make it last. Two: go play the penny slots. I won about $100.00 bucks in total and as long as you're gambling, people will bring you drinks! They are stronger in Old Las Vegas (Ill discuss later) so if you can get there, do it.

Partying

I'm into Hip Hop/Reggae/R&B/Reggaeton, so this is biased towards those. The first night, we couldn't figure out what we wanted to do. A friend didn't bring the right clothes for the club so he couldn't go. I ended up going to this club called Poetry which is in Caesars Palace (where Hangover was filmed!). It bills itself as *the* black club (in that they only play hip hop/R&B etc) and I had a good time. I got in for free because I put myself on the guest list (others paid $30...put yourself on guest lists!) and I met this nice guy who I hung out with over the course of the next few days. Its kind of small and very crowded but the music was good!

The next night we decided to go back to Poetry because T-Pain was supposed to be revealing a new artist there. They were giving women free champagne until midnight and so I had about 30 by then and was messed up. Jet lag kicked in at about 1 a.m. Vegas time so we all left and headed home! Never did find out if T-Pain actually showed!

The third night we were planning to head to Prive in Planet Hollywood because Lil Jon was going to be there but out of sheer laziness I headed across the street to the Mirage Hotel to try out Jet Nightclub. AMAZING! Probably one of my favorite clubs. They played a mix of music(a lot of Michael Jackson due to his passing) and while it was packed (at least 1000 ppl in there) there was room to walk and dance comfortably. It was just me and a friend and we bounced from corner to corner of the club. They have HUGE shots in there and we probably drank a little too much. Good times all around! They apparently have other rooms to party in but we were too drunk to care!

Jet Nightclub in the Mirage

On Sunday, we went to Pure which is also in Caesars. AMAZING. It is a huge and beautiful club. White furniture with color themed lighting and a beautiful rooftop view. Unfortunately for us, we got stuck on the rooftop because a Kardashian had rented out the bottom of the club for a birthday party or something. It was probably like 98+ degrees (at 10 p.m. lol) but it was good. We drank too much (paid for it the next day) but had a good time dancing and enjoying the view.


Pure Nightclub- Rooftop View!

Beautiful huh?

On Monday half of us had spent the whole day in bed puking our guts up and nursing horrible headaches. We did not go out...Monday was not a good day...

Sightseeing


Things you have to do:

-Sirens of Treasure Island


-Bellagio Fountains
span>


-Fremont Street (Old Las Vegas) - amazing sights and sounds and good drinks. The gambling odds (I hear) are also better. My brothers and I were winning some nice dough [pic]. Pretty good when you think that I only put a dollar in to start!

-Walk the strip (wear tennis shoes)

Gambling


DO IT! Even if you don't think you will like it...you can play penny slots so you wont lose much money! I recommend Caesar's Palace or Golden Nugget (Old Las Vegas) as they have a pretty diverse amount of machines. Something for everyone in there! Also..find the Monopoly Super Grand Hotel Machine! Great fun !!

This was kind of haphazard because I have so much to say but so little space! Hopefully you get the jist of where I'm going here and I'll probably talk more about my trip and post my actual pictures (haven't uploaded yet!) in the coming days/weeks!



2 comments:

  1. wow, the food section made my mouth water...I didn't take advantage of the buffets when I went. I actually don't think the NY NY had a buffet.

    So you met a boy?! and spent a few days with him? hmmm...how often did you sleep in YOUR hotel room lol. And have you heard of the EPT? just saying haha. Let me know when the wedding is.

    wait how many days were you there in total? You sound like you had a ridiculous amount of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fave part of the post:

    On Monday half of us had spent the whole day in bed puking our guts up and nursing horrible headaches. We did not go out...Monday was not a good day...


    HAHAHAHAHAH sounds like u had a GREAT time...now i'm waiting on that "fun stuff (clubbing/sexing/drama)" post

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites