Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mr. McNair



R.I.P Steve McNair


Take no Prisoners POV? That's Me!

So it should come as no surprise to you that I am often disappointed with the coverage (and sympathy) given to athletes and celebrities. No one has the balls to ask the real questions? Come on....! Yesterday I was reading different articles...trying to get an idea of what actually happened...before I made my judgment. I came across an article:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9777174/Don't-be-so-quick-to-make-McNair-a-hero which just made so much sense and came from the same viewpoint I was coming from. What's this?! A journalist with balls that gets to the root? Wow! Journalists often leave the big boys (athletes and handsome actors) alone, standing by the "they're men...its what they do" view. This guy...none of that.

------
The article linked above is written by Jason Whitlock, a FOXSports.com Columnist and details his views on the McNair situation- the possible murder-suicide. Below is my reaction.
--------

When I heard the news of McNair's death...my initial reaction was (as you can probably guess) unsympathetic to say the least. I started with the usual "Oh no...how did it happen?" but mine was more like "Oh no......how did it....who or what was he doing?". I have no pity for these rich athletes (ask me about Michael Vick sometime...) who "make mistakes". Athletes get the world handed to them (and oh do they take...and take) and get away with...well...
murder. I was not surprised to find out that he was killed doing something he should NOT have been doing. It IS a loss...I'm not a total heartless bitch...but I feel more for his family and friends...and fans. You should have kept it in your pants and at home with your wife McNair...(no matter what possible agreement you and your wife may or may not have had).

As for the girl...she disgusts me as well...though I can’t say that if the opportunity presented itself (that of a rich NFL'er) that I wouldn’t do the same. I do have morals...I do not date or talk to married men or even men with girlfriends (though when I was 16 I did engage in a relationship with a guy who had a girlfriend...it still haunts me). I do not sleep with men simply because of their status or money...or the gifts that they are able to lavish upon me. But I cannot sit here and say that I would turn down a millionaire...the opportunity has never presented itself...so I cant be 100% sure. My anger and annoyance is not just directed towards McNair...but an opportunist is an opportunist is an opportunist. I sit and look at my bills and sometimes think that some NFL person could write one check and my problems would be solved and it would be no skin off of their back. Eh...bastards.

As for the kids, as the author of the article mentions, they are really the ones who are losing and I have to agree. I hope that they had no idea that their father was sleazy...and yet...I hope that they did so that the shock and scandal surrounding this will hurt them less. He is being championed as this wonderful and amazing guy (and maybe he was...) but all I can see is a man who was killed in his veritable "love shack" possibly by his "jump-off" as she is so affectionately termed in the article. I, like Mr. Whitlock, just want the cloudiness surrounding his legacy and his untimely end to be cleared. Yes...he was an amazing footballer, and yes, he did a lot for his community but, much like Whitlock, I am more interested in the family legacy he left behind; the roots of our society start in our families. Was he a good father? Possibly, though, he obviously had begun to slack on his time at home (not the love den…HOME!). Was he a good husband (and, therefore, role model)? Eh...no... Even if there is some sort of a marital agreement (how could his wife not QUESTION the many absences…the bills for another car and apartment…) of infidelity...I personally would not act on it. You have dedicated yourself 100% to your significant other and your children and family. If you cannot do that...you deserve to be alone, not sneaking off with some young girl...

When will guys learn to keep it in their pants??? I'm going to be vulgar...a hole is a hole...it may be tighter for a few years but eventually it will get just as used and then you will have nothing but some girl there for your money. Stick with what you got...



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites