Monday, July 20, 2009

Patience is a VIRTUE! Believe it!

Guys, it's been 8 months since I've had formal employment. 8 months.

I still haven't reached broke yet, although I am MIGHTY MIGHTY close...(and I just got my health insurance and cell phone bills in the mail!). Even so, I'm ecstatic to report that I'm finally making progress.

You don't know how many stressful nights, arguments with the family, and self-doubt/anger sessions I've been through. Certainly, I know that I'm a marketable employee, but the market just wasn't biting my bait...it was making me skeptical of my quality as a worker and lowered my standards regarding my employment expectations.

Last week, however, I got an unusual push from...God only knows...to be still more proactive in my search and broaden my application process. I gave my resume to a few individuals, went to some incredible career fairs, and today I woke up to an email box full of application responses. I know that had any one of the "administrative assistant," "sales," "Monster marketing positions (aka sketchy sales jobs)" replied to me and presented an offer, I would have accepted in haste. Consequently, I would have never applied for or currently be interviewing for these new and more exciting positions. Also, my music demo project would have probably been scrapped yet again just so I could make a few dollars and fit comfortably into society once more.

I'm telling you...Trust me...
Patience, my friends, can be painful but it pays off. I'm not saying that my employment status has officially changed; THAT will be broadcast from the HIGHEST mountain when it happens, you already know, haha. All I'm saying is it's true that every cloud has a silver lining, and a rebound is ALWAYS possible.

Two weeks ago I wrote a Friday entry about motivating and just getting things done. Well, I've been taking my own advice and seeking some strong wisdom. The short term results are already better than what I've been seeing for months now.

Guys, do what you NEED to do to get where you want to be. Don't only do what you WANT to do, because you'll likely end up not far from where you are now.

Thanks all and Be well,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites