Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Turn to Sin...???

Ok so Atlantic City isn't as glam or debaucherous as Vegas, the ultimate City of Sin...But it's where people in the North East go on weekends to be bad and blow some cash on a little bit of chance.

I guess it's MY turn to be bad...I was in AC on from Friday to Sunday. And let me tell you...


Absolutely nothing bad happened except for getting carsick on the way down. I hate traffic. I hate it even more when people that think they can weave start weaving when in fact they suck at it. And to add to it, the driver keeps flirting with me even though I'm in the backseat forcing myself to sleep.

I was down at AC for a convention for the company that I work part-time for. It's a really big event with about 20,000 people in attendance. It was packed Friday evening and it was a MADHOUSE on Saturday as everyone was at the doors at least 3 hours early (read 6AM) to get good seats. My god. Some of these teams were HUGE!!! Like a few hundred deep! Those are the big money maker teams and very naturally extra gung-ho about being there. The team I'm on is much smaller. Maybe 40 people in attendance. We were pretty excited to be there. I think we were mostly feeding off of the general energy in the convention hall. Even so, I could NOT stay awake for the life of me. Speakers were blaring. 6 jumbo screens were flashing. People were whoopin and hollerin. I'm knocked the F out in my seat. SMH

Lunch break rolled around and I made the decision to skip out on the second half of the day because I wanted to hangout with the family I have in AC and the original plan was to leave for NYC that day with the same ride. But right before lunch, my ride motioned to me asking if I wanted to go eat with him. But UGH. I was cranky because I was tired and the face he made when me tapped me awake was damn disgusting to me. I don't want to explain it because that would require me to do a play by play total recall of that ughtastic expression. SHUDDER. So I decided AGAINST eating lunch with him. (I don't want to throw up a $20 lunch. So expensive to eat there. That's another difference between AC and Vegas, I heard.) I walked all the way back to my uncle's house. Had a good hearty FREE lunch. My aunt convinced me to stay another night so I decided to go back and attend the second half of the day. I was more awake this time and definitely got more out of it. It was fun! I felt a little more motivated to be a money maker.

Overall though, the company seemed even MORE cult-ish after the convention. They're really big on praise which is great because how often do you get to work at a company that praises you for accomplishing anything, let alone the littlest thing like getting the required licensing to even start making money. Maybe it was the filter and the zoom on the cameras they used there. It made the broadcast look like the sermons we see on TV on Sunday mornings and late at night. I'm not too keen on religion so it just weirded me out a little.

Anyway, after the convention was over, I went shopping with three of my four cousins that live in AC. (They ditched the youngest one when they met up with me! So mean!) They cleaned me out! Granted I only brought a hundred dollars with me and I gambled $5 on the Roulette table the night before. Hahaha We had fun though. I got them some clothes and I made it up to the littlest one when we all went to the Pier after dinner and let him pick out some gummi candies at the Sugar store. They're so cute sometimes. Hahaha

Went to my uncle's new house the next morning and paid my respects to my grandpa at the altar. Ate an early lunch and got on the bus to come back to NYC. I had a 3 hour chat with the older Jamaican man next to me. Very interesting life. Trevor David. If anyone knows about him, let me know. He has some incredible stories about his life and his family. Just wondering if it's all true (the NYer in me will always initially doubt people). It doesn't matter too much either way. It was a fun chat so the ride was very bearable.

That was my weekend in AC. The debauchery didn't even happen until Sunday night in Harlem...But that's another story for another day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites