Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another Year Has Passed Me By

Another year has almost come to an end. Another school year I mean.

It's great that most of these kids seemed to have picked up something in my classroom. If not some knowledge then at least a bit of discipline. I run a tight ship. Some of these children's behaviors needed some, if not a lot of, improvement. But they're young and their minds are pliable. I don't think I needed to do too much except be firm and consistent with my rules and set a good example. Although, SOMEONE told his/her parents I was studying in class and the parent complained to my boss. O F'ING NO! STUDYING IN CLASS?!?!?!! GASP! Whatever, man. Why don't you get your child. Not one of them is near perfect when you leave them with me. Get outta here.

But I digress


Another year and what have I done? Cashed some checks? Paid some bills? That's it? Like DAMN!

Damn waste of time. Siigh.

Ok. F this inaction. I need to prioritize. Make a list. Make things happen. Check it off.


  • Get a real job.
  • Find out how to get into PhD programs.
  • Devise and execute workout plan.
  • Get my own apartment.
  • Get on that PhD track.
  • I think that covers it for now.
I mean of course in the middle of everything, less tangible personal goals should be taken care of as well.
  • Get a man.
  • Get married.
  • Have a baby.
  • Be a grown up.
Anything else? I'm open to suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. Girl...you frustrate me to no end!!!

    What the hell...half your posts are about getting a man and getting knocked up! What's the rush! Look at your goals...PHD...and you want to have a baby whilst doing that? That's going to be ridiculously hard to do! Its not...impossible...but damn. PHD + Relationship is hard enough let alone planning a wedding and then having a baby. Also WORKOUT plan. Gonna be hard to get that six pack when you got a baby inside of you begging for cheesecake and chocolate!

    I hate to be the doubter but come on lol lets be practical. You want to start a relationship (think of us at Dartmouth and how hard it was to keep in touch with friends while writing papers and not bullshitting- we didnt juggle all of that too well...the papers usually suffered) and progress that relationship to the point of marriage all while trying to get knocked up and having a baby? Not to mention actually doing well enough to graduate....

    To each her own but damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHHAA

    Chica...AIM HIGH!!!

    My rush? I'M YEARS BEHIND SCHEDULE!!! LOL no, i jest. But the 2nd set of goals are eventual things that happen with less of a definite timeline (aside from the menopause issue) than the first set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH SOUTHERN SUBSTANCE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??!?!?!? I'M GUESSING YOU TWO ARE MY AGE HENCE, "RECENT GRAD CHRONICLES," SO I SAY TO YOU, "WE HAVE AT LEAST 10 MORE YRS TO GET PREGGERS AND NOT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT A COMPLICATED PREGNANCY. SLOW YOUR ROLL!!!"

    ALSO, I HAD A FRIEND LIKE YOU. SHE WANTED TO FIND A MAN, GET MARRIED RIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE AND START A FAMILY. SHE EARNED HER MASTERS THANK GOD, REALIZED THAT IT TAKES A WHILE TO FIND A MAN AND CULTIVATE A RELATIONSHIP (SHE'S STILL LOOKING) AND LUCKILY HER SISTER FOLLOWED THAT PATH BEFORE SHE HAD THE CHANCE TO HERSELF. HER SISTER WAS ABLE TO GET HER MASTERS TOO, BUT MY FRIEND NOW QUESTIONS HOW HER SISTER MANAGED IT ALL. SHE BABYSITS FOR HER MOMMY SISTER ON OCCASION AND NOW REALIZES THAT RIGHT NOW AND FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE, THAT IS UNTIL SHE REALLY HAS HER CAREER GOING AND CAN TRULY SAY SHE'S MAKING IT (YES, SHE LIVES IN AN APT IN A DIFFERENT STATE THAN HER FAM...WITH A ROOMMATE--DARE I SAY SHE'S NOT QUITE MAKING IT YET!!!), THAT THOSE PERSONAL GOALS YOU LIST ABOVE WHICH SHE ONCE HELD DEAR ARE NOT AND CANNOT BE PRIORITIES!

    SORRY IF THAT SOUNDS HARSH, BUT I AM VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

    LIVE, HONEY...WE'RE ONLY YOUNG ONCE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites